What is a cookie?
A cookie is a harmless text file that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any website. The usefulness of cookie is that the website is able to remember your visit when you return to browse this page. Although many people do not know but the cookies have been in use for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web started.
What is NOT a cookie
It is not a virus or a Trojan or a worm, no spam, no spyware, no pop-up window opens.
What information stores a cookie
The cookies does not usually store sensitive information about you such as credit card or bank account information, photos, your ID or personal information, etc.. The data stored are technical, personal preferences, content personalization, etc..
The web server will not associate you as a person if your web browser. In fact, if you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because you are actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist
- Cookies techniques: These are the most basic and allow, among other things, knowing when you are browsing a human or an automated application, when an anonymous user navigates and one registered basic tasks for running any dynamic web.
- Cookies analysis: collect information on the type of navigation being carried, the sections you use most, viewed products, times of use, language, etc.
- Cookies Advertising: show advertising based on their navigation, their country of origin, language, etc.
What are cookies own and third
The own cookies is generated by the page you are visiting and the third are generated by internal or external providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc..
What if I disable cookies
To understand the scope that may have to disable cookies shows some examples:
- may not share content of this site on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- website can not adapt content to your personal preferences, as often happens in online stores.
- You can not access the staff area of that web, such as My account , or Me or My orders.
- online Shops: It will be impossible to make purchases online, phone or will be visiting the physical store if you have one.
- not be able to customize their geographic preferences as time zone, currency or language.
- website can not be performed on analytical web visitors and web traffic, making it difficult to be competitive anywhere.
- may not blogging, you can not upload pictures, post comments, rate or rate content. The web may not know whether you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam .
- may not be sectioned display advertising, which will reduce the income of the website.
Can I delete cookies
Yes No only remove, also block, general or particular to a specific domain.
To remove cookies of a website should go to your browser settings and there you can find the associated domain in question and proceed with removal.
Configuring cookies for browsers polulares
Here’s how to access a cookie given browser Chrome.
Note: These steps may vary depending on the version of the browser:
- Go to Settings or Preferences by right clicking the icon customization that appears at the top right or File menu.
- will see different sections, click the Show Advanced Options .
- Go to Privacy, Content Settings .
- Select All cookies sites and data.
- Lists all the cookies – ordered domain appears. To make it easier to find cookies of a particular domain partially or fully enter the address in the search field cookies .
- After making this filter onscreen one or more lines with cookies the requested web. Now just select it and press the X to proceed with removal.
To access the configuration cookies Internet Explorer browser follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click Privacy .
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration cookies Firefox browser follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Options or Settings for your operating system.
- Click Privacy .
- History choose Use custom settings for history .
- now see the option Accept cookies , you can turn on or off according to your preference.
To access the configuration cookies Safari browser for OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Preferences, then Privacy .
- Here see Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the configuration cookies Safari browser for iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Go to Settings , then Safari .
- Go to Privacy and Security , see Block cookies to fit the type of lock to perform.
To access the configuration cookies Browser for Android devices follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Run the browser and press the Menu key , then Settings .
- Go to Security and Privacy , you will see the option Accept cookies to check or uncheck the box.
To access the configuration cookies Browser for Windows Phone devices follow these steps (may vary depending on your browser version):
- Open Internet Explorer , then More , then Settings
- Now you can enable or disable Enable cookies box.